Holy State University offers studies for any accredited accelerated educational degree: accelerated Associate degree, accelerated Bachelor’s degree, accelerated Master’s degree, accelerated MBA degree, accelerated Doctoral and accelerated PhD degree (accelerated Ph.D.).  Holy State University represents traditional values of higher education, modern approach and freedom of higher education without discrimination. Start university studies now / immediate admission – Graduate at any time / fast accelerated graduation.

Affordable low costs accelerated educational programs online: accelerated Associate degree, 
					accelerated Bachelor’s degree, accelerated Master’s degree, accelerated MBA degree, 
					accelerated Doctoral and accelerated PhD degree 
					(accelerated Ph.D.) About
Accelerated Degrees
Transfer Students
Performance Evaluation
Bologna Process
Educational Process
Educational Plans
Educational Credits
Self-Designed Programs
Your Native Language
Educational Documents
Documents Recognitions
Frequent Questions
What to Expect
Payment Options
Financial Assistance
Admission Questions
Application for Admission
Transfer Students
Liberal Studies Degrees
Multiple Degrees
Religious Programs
Non-Religious Programs
Business Degrees
Undergraduate Degrees
Associate's Degrees
Bachelor's Degrees
Graduate Degrees
Master's Degrees
Master's Degree-Accelerated
MBA Program
MBA-Accelerated Program
MBA-Executive Program
Mini PhD
Master's-PhD Dual Degrees
Doctoral Degrees
Doctor of Philosophy (PHD)
PHD-Additional Details
PHD-Accelerated Program
Graduate Certificates
PHD for Medical Professions
PHD for Medical Doctors
Professional Certifications
Professional Courses
High School Equivalency
School of Liberal Studies
School of Arts
School of Law
School of Education
School of Business
School of Leadership
School of Management
School of Government
School of Public Policy
School of Diplomatic Affairs
School of International Affairs
School of Health Sciences
School of Religious Studies
Graduate Education
Publishing Department
For Students
Refund Policy
For Graduates
For Employers
Volunteers Program
Legal Standing
Educational Compliance
Contact Information
Privacy Policy

Low educational costs, affordable higher education, accelerated degrees, accelerated educational programs, lowest costs education, accelerated degrees, traditional values, modern approach and freedom of education: all in one place
Accelerated Associate degrees, accelerated Bachelor’s degrees, accelerated Master’s degrees, accelerated MBA degrees, accelerated Doctoral and accelerated PhD degrees (accelerated Ph.D.)



Page Top
Top of Page




Holy State University offers ONLINE studies and accelerated educational degrees with low costs, fast, easy and simple educational approach. Our University is an online distance learning institution of higher education where the educational process is accomplished by using modern forms of Internet communications. Our students can perform studies for any educational degree: Associate, Bachelor’s, Master’s, MBA, Doctoral and Ph.D. This page provides additional details about Doctoral degrees offered by Holy State University and includes commonly asked questions and answers that can guide any potential applicant through the difficult process of decision-making.

least expensive phd program, cheapest phd, low cost phd, lowest cost phd, fastest phd, affordable online phd, accelerated phd, 1 year phd


INFORMATION presented on this page must be treated only as a general information based on some selected examples. It is the responsibility of each applicant to decide if any degree is suitable in his/her situation. We are offering educational services and educational degrees only.


Information about PhD Degrees


 Accelerated PhD Program (fastest way to receive PhD degree) 

 Our Lowest Educational Costs 



Our degrees are based on student’s independent studies and independent research


Our graduate / postgraduate degrees are based on student’s independent studies (under our control and supervision) and independent research (with our advisement, if necessary). Many postgraduate students already performed research previously and just want to shape knowledge, previous research experience, studies and work experience into an official degree. 


We are an ONLINE UNIVERSITY (University that offers a distant form of education using online methods of communications) utilizing a system of distant education. Students learn a subject and we are examining the level of received knowledge. Students are using materials that can be obtained in printed or electronic formats.


You can structure your research based on the evaluation of previously published work (performed by other researchers), evaluation of the results of already completed investigations; you can use laboratories of your local university, etc. The word “research” is not an indication of your own physical manipulations with laboratory equipment, but research can be performed by reading and evaluating already published materials; investigating, compiling, analyzing and processing already existing information. It is similar to writing an educational textbook - your research is rich with new information, but all such information can be obtained from the analysis and compilation of existing scientific work that has already been performed by other researchers


We would stress it again – your studies and research are independent with our guidance and supervision.


Almost 80% of all Ph.D. degrees are obtained in most universities on the basis of "paper" research. “Paper research” is a research that is based on the reviews of books and scientific articles, reviews of studies and research results achieved in previous scientific investigations (by other academicians), compilation of existing information, analysis, processing of information, and shaping everything into Dissertation/ PhD thesis.


Doctor of Philosophy is a scholar, researcher and information processor. Many people are receiving this degree after extensive processing of already existing information in libraries (and not in laboratories). At present time, compilations of scientific information, articles and electronic books on the Internet are slowly replacing actual visits to "bricks and mortar" libraries, and Internet is becoming one large (and free) Library.



Our educational system is defined as a distant form of education where communications are performed by using the Internet.  


Our educational system is defined as a Distant Form of Education with use of “ONLINE” communications. Therefore, we are not offering face-to-face “workshops” or any laboratory facilities for our students; even if we would be offering such, our international students have no ability to travel to the U.S. just for a few courses (and we are not in the business of arranging U.S. visas).


Our students will have written communications with our representatives and it is to some degree similar to the interactions with students in regular universities.    


The word “ONLINE” (as you will see on our website) is just a literary expression; in our place, students are not studying “online”. Holy State University offers DISTANT FORM OF EDUCATION that is using online methods of communications between University representatives and students.  


Our students have no need to travel to the United States. There is no need to travel for any tests and there is no need to travel to the United States for the graduation ceremony. You only need to have the Internet connection, computer, and a comfortable place to study and to do your research.    


All educational and administrative affairs are performed in the course of indirect contacts by using Internet communications.








  Question: "Are graduate/postgraduate degrees a part of professional licensing process?"


According to the questions that we are receiving, it appears that some people are assuming that Master's, PhD / Doctoral degrees are in some way a part of the professional licensing process. Contrary to these assumptions, Master's and Doctoral degrees (including PhD) are graduate and postgraduate degrees that in most cases are not a subject of any form of professional licensing (some exceptions exist).


In almost all countries, professional licensing based on the successful completion of the undergraduate degree, such as Associate and Bachelor's degrees; where Bachelor's degree (four or five-year degree) is considered to be equivalent of the higher education (initial degree).


People are reading different articles about some sort of approvals and recognitions for foreign degrees that are performed by Ministries of Education in some countries and people are assuming that it is how this supposed to be done for all educational degrees. When person attempts to contact Ministry of Education in their country, this person is communicating NOT with the highest Country officials that know all educational laws and regulations, but person will be allowed to speak only with the secretary or assistant that very often has no correct information (or very limited information).  


In many developing countries, Ministries of Education only can exist by making collections of different fees; therefore most likely, any person will be assured that he/she needs different procedures with different fees, when in reality, it is very possible that there are NO any requirements to do anything. 


General rules are simple, never pay any attention to what other people are telling on the Internet (it is nothing, but only empty talk by uneducated people). Visit the website of your Country's Ministry of Education. Pay attention to each word posted there. In some countries, we did see the requirements for the additional recognitions, but only for the initial degrees, such as Bachelor’s degrees (because in these countries permits are issued to practice profession on the basis of obtaining initial professional degree); but many people were assuming that it applies for all educational degrees.


Some initial degrees, for example Bachelor’s degrees in Engineering, Nursing, Medicine, most likely would require some sort of approval or re-examination and only because these degrees are related to the safety and human health. At the same time, Master’s and PhD / Doctoral degrees in the same professions (and degrees received in foreign countries), most likely would require absolutely NOTHING; because licensing process based on the initial professional degree, such as Bachelor's degree. Even Medical Doctors and lawyers are graduating from the medical and law schools with Bachelors degrees, but are called the doctors, when they have only Bachelor's degrees (it is a professional designation, but it is not an academic doctoral degree). Medical doctors (in most countries) and lawyers (in the U.S.) are getting license to practice profession on the basis of received Bachelor's degree (but additional Master's, PhD and academic Doctoral degrees are not a part of any professional licensing). See explanation of degrees for Medical Doctors and Juris Doctors (law degree) on our corresponding pages.    


If your Country's Ministry of Education is writing on its website about professional degrees, it has no meaning that each degree for each profession requires the same approvals. In most cases, all requirements end at the level of a Bachelor’s degree.


Not all Bachelor’s degrees are requiring additional approvals. If your Bachelor’s degree cannot create any harm to other people, most likely, Bachelor’s degree has no any need for the additional approvals (for example, business, management, arts and many other similar degrees). This is why, when you are reading any official information, you need to pay attention to description of each requirement. Rules usually are not too complicated and if something is not posted or not described on the official website, or in official documents, usually there are NO any regulations related to such subject (because if there are any regulations, these official regulations would be reflected in all official documents).


PLEASE note that we are not providing any free evaluations of educational situations in any Country. It is your personal responsibility to make your own assessment for the suitability of your educational degree. 


For example, in the United States, only initial degree (undergraduate degree) serves as a basis for the professional licensing for selected professions (only for some professions, because many professions have no requirement for professional licensing).  


There are two main general forms of licensing in the United States (and it is usually very similar in  other countries) that are related to the business and professional activities.


Business licensing required to conduct some business affairs. This license is not related to any form of education. Any person, with or without any form of education, can receive a license to conduct business affairs.


Another form of licensing is a license for professional activities (professional license). Professional license is usually based on the level of professional training, BUT only a few limited professions are requiring professional licensing and this professional license, in most cases, based on the Bachelor's degree level of education (usually, it is not related in any way to any Master's or Doctoral degrees, unless such graduate degree is required to practice profession).


License for the professional activities is also not required for all professions, but only for a few selected professions that are connected to services provided for health care, personal care, safety, law and for some other limited number of professions (for example, doctors, nurses, engineers, lawyers, etc.). However, most professional licensing requirements involve (usually) only undergraduate degrees (Associate and Bachelor's degrees). Furthermore, even for the mentioned undergraduate degrees, there is no any requirement for the licensing if person only wants to have a higher level of knowledge and education, but has not desire to practice profession per se. For example, a person can graduate from a Law School and this person would have a Juris Doctor degree (law degree). However, if person wants to work (for example) as as a politician, journalist and to use a law degree as an additional professional achievement (that usually is suitable for any profession), this person (with law degree) has no need to obtain a professional license to practice law because this person is only using knowledge of law to practice other unrelated profession.


For example, to practice medicine, a person must graduate from the medical college (university) that provides appropriate standards of education related to the health care professions. For medical doctors, only the initial degree (Medical Doctor degree that is considered to be a second Bachelor's degree in the U.S.) has a direct relevance for professional licensing (and not any additional graduate or postgraduate degrees). For the professional licensing, it is absolutely irrelevant if a medical doctor has any postgraduate (graduate) degree, or how many postgraduate degrees this medical doctor completed. The same approach applies for nursing, engineering, law professions, etc.


Some people are confused with terminology used for some educational degrees. For example, a Doctor of Medicine or Juris Doctor (law degree) are in the United States initial professional degrees that are awarded for Bachelor's degree level of education. Therefore, licensing process for some professional doctoral degrees is based on the fact of obtaining Bachelor's degree in related profession.


Accordingly, Master’s, PhD and Doctoral degrees in the United States have NO any requirements for any additional approvals or any additional evaluations, even if these degrees are received in other countries (it applies to any profession, unless such graduate degree is required to practice a profession).


Graduate / postgraduate degrees (in the United States) are only representing higher level of education that can create in some situations a better employment position or higher financial compensation; but graduate / postgraduate degrees are never subjected and not related to any form of professional licensing (unless such graduate degree is specifically required to practice a specific profession).


If you are located outside of the United States, you can obtain governmental apostilles and certifications for your educational documents (for Diploma and Academic Transcript) that can provide some assurance that you received these documents for your educational efforts. See our page: "Documents Recognitions".  


Graduate / postgraduate degrees are often required as a form of suitability for the higher employment position, but in most cases, it is not a part of any professional licensing process (in the United States and usually in other countries). Graduate/ postgraduate degrees are only reflecting the level of professional qualification and superior education.


Graduate / postgraduate degrees are only making a person more valuable in the professional field. For example, a medical patient would prefer to be a patient of the medical doctor that has a PhD degree, comparing to a medical doctor that has only basic education degree. Explanation is very simple and any person understands the difference between a medical doctor who does not care about any form of additional education and a medical doctor who wants to have a higher level of academic education. The same way, most people would prefer to hire a lawyer that has a PhD degree, but not a lawyer that has no PhD degree. People are giving more respect to the people that are willing to place additional efforts to improve their level of professional training. Any person that desires to improve his/her educational level is always a more desirable employee and usually a better provider of professional services.


A PhD degree is also not a guarantee that you will be working as a professor in any university. Very often, people are receiving PhD degrees not because they are planning to work in colleges or universities, but because this degree would increase the level of their professional training.


In private sector of business affairs, regulations are based on the demand for the profession, the level of professional knowledge and professional attitude of the person looking for a job. Business owners (not the government) usually are making own regulations and government is not regulating who can be hired by private business owners, with exceptions of regulated professions that require professional licensing (see above).



  Question: "Would my degree be recognized in my Country?"


We are providers of educational services with low costs and we are not making political arrangements for different countries (individual arrangements are always political arrangements).


NO UNIVERSAL DEGREE EVER EXISTED, but you can obtain governmental certificates that usually are used to make local equivalency requests in your country (if desired).


In our place, you are getting the entire degree for almost the same cost as people are paying in many other places for just a few educational credits.


Furthermore, not a single university (including the places where students are paying near or over one thousand dollars for only one educational credit) would give more guarantees that we can give (there never are any guarantees).


At present time, many universities are employing people that are telling anything what potential students want to hear. It does not matter what university representatives would tell to the potential student, the reality is always the same – there are NO “universal” or “acceptable everywhere” degrees and no legitimate university can tell potential students about any guarantees that are not existing.


Educational degrees are representing a level of knowledge that you are learning; and not what you can do with it, or how much money you can make with your educational degree.


Educational degree is also what you can attach to your name because in our place, you will have your educational documents issued only as a result of your educational efforts.


In our place, you will be getting a degree based on your educational efforts. Educational degrees are legitimate degrees because an educational degree is a level of a student's study efforts. In some Countries, if you are not obtaining local equivalency certificate, you may need to add to your degree statement that it is a foreign degree and you also can indicate the country where you received your degree [for example, John Doe, PhD (U.S.A.)]. If you will be able to receive local (in your Country) equivalency for your degree, your degree will be the same as your local degrees and after that, you will be writing your name, for example, John Doe, PhD without using the name of Country where your original degree was issued. This is an example for the most restrictive countries, but many countries have no requirement for adding the name of the Country where an educational degree was issued.


You will be recognized for the level of your knowledge, but there are absolutely NO any "universal" degrees. For some degrees you do not need to do anything, for some degrees you may need to obtain some additional documents from the Ministry of Education in your country, that sometimes called equivalency certificate or equivalency statement (for U.S. governmental certificates please see page: "Documents Recognitions).



  Question: "What is a graduate degree?"


This word can be used in the United States for both degrees, Master's and Doctoral / PhD.



  Question: "What is a postgraduate degree?"


In some countries, Master's degree is considered to be "graduate" degree" and Doctoral / PhD degrees are "postgraduate degrees" [In the United States, both degrees, Master's and Doctoral/PhD are usually called "graduate degrees"].


We may use any of these words, "graduate" or "postgraduate" degrees that would indicate the degree received after completion of a Bachelor's degree program.



  Question: “Can I take your program online?”


All our courses and programs are 100% online; however it is not "online studies", but independent distant studies (under our control). You can be in any place of the World and can attend any of our distant education programs.



  Question: "Upon graduation, will my diploma say “online”, “distant education” or “accelerated program”?"


Your diploma will indicate only that you successfully completed all academic requirements and the University awarded a degree to you. In graduate documents, we are not using any words like “online”, “distant education” or “accelerated program”.  Education represents knowledge that a student receives during studies and it is irrelevant where a student is located or how fast a student can study. You will be the person graduating from the program, the same way as any other student in any other educational program.



  Question: "How much do I need to pay to attend any educational program?"


Please visit our "Cost of Education" page for details.


Our graduate programs have a fixed fee and there are no other educational costs involved, because costs are reflected “per program” (one fee for the entire program). Bank fees, credit card processing fees, final destination mailing costs (final mailing of graduate documents), and governmental certificates are not educational costs and may have an additional fees (see page: "Documents Recognitions), the same way as bank fees are not educational costs.



  Question: "In order to be admitted into a PhD program, do I need to have any published articles?"


No, publications are not required.



  Question: “Do you have a graduation ceremony after the program completion?”


No, after the graduation, we would send all documents by mail (postal service). Also see pages "Documents Recognition" and "Our Diplomas and Documents".



  Question: "Do I need to be present for an oral Dissertation defense?”


NO, we are a modern University and accordingly, we have already eliminated this ancient approach. Hundreds of years ago, people had no knowledge that such a thing as the Internet would ever exist and oral Dissertation defense was the only possibility to present Dissertation (research materials) to the group of academic evaluators. We are living in the modern society and if members of our evaluation committees have any questions, these questions will be addressed to students by electronic mail. Students will have a sufficient time to prepare a response (if they would receive any additional questions).  



  Question: "Can you tell me about international standards for PhD degrees?"


We would like to start with the fact that each university is making its own rules and regulations regarding any programs.


Misconception about postgraduate programs and postgraduate education is an assumption that there are some sort of international standards or requirements for the graduate/postgraduate programs, but there are NONE. Each university makes its own rules. Postgraduate programs are only serving as a proof that person is serious about profession and is taking an additional steps to advance his/ her level of professional knowledge. There are no governmental regulations (in almost all countries) about any postgraduate programs (at least, there are no such regulations in the United States). For job purposes, it is only the employer, who would make a final decision. For postgraduate degrees, only the employers are the “final judges” and final decision is usually based not on the location of the university, but on your personality and the level of your knowledge.


Despite the fact that universities can make their own rules related to Doctoral and PhD programs, the basic PRINCIPLES of EDUCATION are the same in any country. There is a chain of legitimate degrees that must not be broken. You only can enter into a Doctoral or PhD degree if you have a Master’s degree from the university that offers educational degrees. Furthermore, a PhD degree is not a single degree, but the higher level of learning related to your previous education.  



  Question: "Will I get a job as a university professor after completing a PhD (Doctoral) degree?"


A PhD (Doctoral) degree is only an indicator of your higher level of education and training, comparing to people without a PhD degree. This degree provides no guarantees that you will find a teaching job in any university.


To be hired for an academic position, you would need to demonstrate superior level of knowledge, inclination for academic research and must have an experience in academic teaching and research. Usually, a person starts with the lowest academic position and works to advance his/her academic career.        



  Question: "I am a person who hopes to obtain a PhD degree from your university. Can you provide evidence that my country will endorse your university program?"  


We are providing educational services, but we are NOT making any political arrangements. Endorsements are political activities and we have no plans to make any arrangements with any country. Even the most expensive universities never can give any guarantees; furthermore, it is illegal in the United States to give any guarantees of degree acceptance or future employment.  


Your  educational degree is not a piece of paper that we are calling a “Diploma”, but a Degree is a combination of documents issued by the university, person’s level of intelligence, person's level of knowledge and person's professional attitude. Not a Diploma, but only the Person can create its own destiny. A PhD degree is a combination of all listed above and many other additional factors.


If you want your documents to be recognized, you must convince all other people that you personally deserve the EDUCATIONAL DEGREE that you are possessing.


Please be advised that each country has different regulations and it is impossible to accommodate our standards to each country regulations, therefore, Holy State University (the same way as any other university) offers no guarantees of employment, level of salary, eligibility for professional licensing or acceptance of degrees and programs by potential employers. If your employers would have any questions about your education, please refer them to our website that explains the process of education.


Also, please see page "DOCUMENTS RECOGNITIONS" for additional details that can be applicable to most countries



  Question: “I want to have a PhD degree in Christian History. I have a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and a Master's degree in Irrigation Engineering.“  


You have studied “Civil Engineering” and “Irrigation Engineering”; accordingly, you have no degree in education, history or in religions that you can use as a basis for your request for PhD studies/research in the Christian History.    


A PhD degree is not a single degree, but the higher level of learning related to all previous degrees. Your previous degrees have no connection to “Christian History”. We will be happy to offer to you a PhD program in the subject that is related to your previous studies and degrees.


NEVERTHELESS, a continuation of previous studies is not an absolute requirement.


You will have a few different options that can give you the ability to be admitted into the PhD program that is not related to your previous studies:  


1. You can perform some research and prepare a PhD dissertation related, for example, to the “Influence of the Christianity on water resources and water management”, etc. (it is just an example, but you can perform a research in any subject interconnecting your previous degrees to religions, or the history of religions).  


 2. You can enter into a Dual degree program (Master’s + PhD), where a Master’s degree will be shaped in the way as a connection "bridge" of your previous degrees and your interests in religions.


3. You can be admitted into our "Liberal Studies" PhD degree program where you can study "Christian History" or any other subject (even if your Master's degree is in "Irrigations"). Your degree description (in diploma) will be stating that you have completed a PhD degree in Liberal Studies and the study / research subject will be listed as "History of Christianity".


Follow this link for more information about Liberal Studies degrees 


Follow this link for more information about Liberal Studies information 



  Question: “What is the difference between PhD and Doctoral degrees in Business Administration (DBA)?”  


Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) is a professional doctorate that is related to the studies and research concerning business and business-related matters applicable to the professional practice as it is used in day-to-day business applications. This program can be completed WITH or WITHOUT writing of a Dissertation. Study courses are based on the given to student curriculum (assignments) and each course may have assigned number of credits for the performed study/research courses. Student completes studies independently (under our supervision) by using own study materials; and after the completion of independent studies student prepares and sends to us for the evaluation a written Essay for the each completed course of studies.  


Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration (PhD in Business Administration) is a doctorate degree that is placing more attention to the research and development of new knowledge and other theoretical applications. This program only can be completed WITH preparation of the Dissertation (PhD Thesis).  


In the United States, PhD programs have a combination of study courses and preparation of Dissertation. In many European countries, PhD programs can be completed based on the successful preparation of a Dissertation that must be accepted by the university.


We are offering to students all applicable standards (American and European).  


Each graduating student receives a Diploma with an academic Transcript. If a degree was awarded based on preparation of a Dissertation only, in this case, only the Dissertation title will be listed in the Transcript. If the degree was awarded based on studies and a Dissertation preparation; accordingly, all study courses and a Dissertation title would be listed in the Transcript. If the degree was awarded based on studies only (for example DBA degree), only study courses would be listed in an academic Transcript.



  Question: "When can I graduate from the program?"


It is impossible to answer such a question without seeing your completed Application. You must start by sending to us your Application for the admission.


We have no intention to keep our PhD students in programs for many years (as in places where students are paying for each credit/year of attendance) or when students are working many years for the university for minuscule salary that is called a stipend (just to cover high tuition costs of a PhD program). In our place, you are not paying for each year of studies. Our administrative fees for graduate / postgraduate programs are assessed "Per Program", not per academic year. You are paying the same costs regardless of the length of the program attendance. Our "cost per program" approach eliminates possibility for the creation of any artificial delays.   


Furthermore, the level of your readiness plays a significant role. You are regulating your own speed of studies and the level of readiness. Admitted students will receive basic guidelines for Essay and Dissertation preparation. Some students have already accumulated enough materials for the final form of Dissertation; in such cases, students can submit a full version of Dissertation for the initial pre-evaluation (after the admission). After examination, if needed, additional corrections are requested by us. Dissertation would be submitted for the final evaluation only if Dissertation satisfied all requests made during initial pre-evaluation. If Dissertation passed through the stage of pre-evaluation, most likely, it would be accepted during the final evaluation.


Based on the level of student's involvement in the Dissertation preparation, each student will have an option to submit parts of the Dissertation for periodic evaluations. It is obvious that if a student already has all required Dissertation materials, this student can potentially complete the program in a shorter period of time; but for students that never initiated any steps for the Dissertation preparation, the process can be longer. Students will have an option of selecting different programs - the fastest program is "Accelerated" (see our page "Doctoral Degrees").


Processing of Dissertation is also simplified and Dissertation will be accepted “by evaluation” of the quality and without actual “Dissertation defense” procedure.  


Everything is performed through the use of electronic communications (emails) and absolutely no travel is involved.


Follow this link for more information about Liberal Studies information 



  Question: “Is there a curriculum/syllabus for a PhD degree?”


PhD degrees are flexible degrees. Very often, a PhD degree is based on the subject (Theme) of your Dissertation. This is why we are requesting to submit a proposal for each PhD Dissertation.


PhD program research plans are usually designed by a student (because Doctoral degrees are postgraduate degrees and higher level of independence is expected from the doctoral students). Plans/curriculums are based on the personal preferences and desired areas of the professional practice.


Usually we are not preparing plans for PhD programs and we only are adjusting and correcting plans that are made by a student. However, it is not a firm rule and we will be happy to prepare an educational/research plan for any student who would request it. We will be assisting you and you can ask us to design your educational/research plan/curriculum. If a student fails to submit a proposed educational plan, we will prepare a list of study subjects that must be completed in addition to the preparation of Dissertation (PhD Thesis).


Our intention is to prepare students for professional/academic success; therefore if it is necessary, we will guide a student until he/she would be able to complete the selected program successfully and to receive a desired degree. 



  Question: “Can I draft my own research plan?”


Yes, you can prepare your own research plan – this is even more desirable. We are giving students a wide degree of educational freedom. We would check it for the suitability and if necessary, we will help you to adjust it.



  Question: "Are you sending books for my studies?"


We are not sending any books to our students. Students may use any free information from libraries, Internet search, digital books, etc.; or can buy their own books according to educational plans and research needs. See also page "Frequently asked Questions" for details about books and educational materials.



  Question: “Will the fee remain the same irrespective if I would complete the program in 1 year or in 3 years?”


Fees are assessed "Per Program" and fees are the same for the program, as long as you are admitted and are following all guidelines. There are no "cost guarantees" for not admitted people, or for the students that are expelled or abandoned their studies. You may complete your program at your convenience. See our time limitations for different programs. Obviously, students CANNOT continue studies indefinitely for the same costs. PhD programs usually must be completed within three years (or sooner). Students can continue studies, even after three years, but additional fees can be potentially assessed.



  Question: “Could you please send me a sample copy of the final degree?”


Please go to the page: "Educational Documents" to see a copy of our graduation certificates and other documents. Unfortunately, as a policy, we are not sending any copies of diplomas (especially to the people that are not our students). Wordings in all diplomas are in the same format, as in most other American universities (diploma comes from Holy State University). It is up to you to call it “diploma”, or the “degree award certificate” (we are NOT using words “Online Education”, "Accelerated Program", or “Distance Education” in any documents). The name of University will be followed by customary words ending with a statement that (for example) the Doctor of Philosophy degree is awarded to [student's name], plus customary concluding words, signatures and the seal. Also see pages "Our Diplomas" and "Documents Recognition".



  Question: “Will you assign a guide/supervisor/adviser who will help me through the dissertation preparation?”


We will be supervising student's studies, selected subjects and research presentations. Students will receive general and, if necessary, individual assistance based on expectations that a PhD student is a person that has enough education, intelligence and sophistication to solve many issues independently.


At present time, the Internet has opened unlimited possibilities for many people, especially in the area of science. Any person that has a question can simply type such question in the search box of any Internet Browser and in a few moments, this person will have thousands of answers from different sources, ranging from personal opinions (we are not recommending paying any attention to personal opinions) to highly sophisticated explanations by leading academicians. This explains the fact that any student can find many answers (very often almost all answers) by performing a very simple Internet search. We do encourage student’s feedback with us if any student wants an assurance that our examiners would accept the selected approach. 


Students also must be realistic in their own expectations. Compared to some other places, in our University, we are not offering studies and degrees for high costs (our costs are one of the lowest, but we have no intention to compete with places offering a free education). In addition, we are making all efforts to help all students to receive their desired degree. Usually, when a person is visiting our web portal, this person is looking for an affordable PhD degree - and we are the University that most people can afford, because we are not charging our students $50,000 - $70,000 for each year, as in some other places. Even in universities that are charging students significant tuition fees, an assistance is not much different; they are expecting the same independent attitude in graduate / postgraduate studies and in research.


Doctoral / PhD students are not the same "students" as in undergraduate programs, but PhD students are independent researchers that already completed a higher education. Our assistance will be generalized; in other words, we are not assigning an individual adviser by the name, as a person attached to your studies; but any of our academic guidance team member (for PhD and Doctoral programs) can participate in the guidance. Our academic guidance members will be monitoring the progress of your Dissertation preparation. Our letters (emails) will be signed not by any individual name, but with the name of the responsible department.


PhD degree will be issued after the final acceptance of your Dissertation and at the conclusion of any additional research/studies assignments. Your Transcript (Academic Record) and Graduate Letters will be reflecting the fact that your Dissertation was evaluated and accepted as a research work satisfying our requirements.


Doctoral students are not limited only to our guidance. For informational purposes (if you would research this subject), you may find that many PhD students in other universities are often hiring/retaining personal tutors, dissertation evaluators and personal assistants during Dissertation preparation. We are not limiting your possibilities of having your own personal tutor/guide/adviser (if you can financially afford one) and you have a right to have such (you may include the name of any independent adviser on the title page of your Dissertation/PhD thesis, as an independent academic adviser not affiliated with our University). At the same time, almost the identical information (that is offered by personal advisers/assistants and by personal tutors) can be located on the Internet and it is absolutely free.


We also are providing additional options for our students and the ability to have individual academic advisers assigned to them by the University. This will be a personal choice for all PhD / Doctoral students. Assignment of personal adviser will have an additional fee (academic assistance, in the form of assigned personal adviser). At the same time, general assistance that is covered by the program costs is sufficient for the completion of any program (general assistance is not too different from the assistance offered by a personal adviser).


Any PhD / Doctoral student will have two options:


Option 1Each PhD / Doctoral student may use our general form of assistance that is covered by our lowest program costs (administrative fees), that is also sufficient for the graduation from any program.


Option 2:  Each PhD / Doctoral student also may request (as an additional option that is NOT REQUIRED) personal academic adviser assigned to the student. Option for the personal adviser (that is optional) will have an additional cost (individual Dissertation advisement fee that is additional to the regular program cost) and we will select the professional in the field of student’s Dissertation (PhD Thesis) research subject. Individual Dissertation advisement fee must be paid in full before the assignment of the individual adviser. Selection of suitable advisers will be at our discretion and each student must accept our selection. This option will be provided only for the people that are fluent in English language (because our personal advisers are English language speakers and they will not be translating any student’s work). THIS IS ONLY OPTIONAL CHOICE and students are not obligated to do it because general advisement (see Option 1) is sufficient for the completion of any program.



  Question: “When can I submit my Dissertation?”  


You may submit your Dissertation at any time after the admission process is completed (in its entirety, as an attachment to your email).  



  Question: “In my country, I am required to have published articles as a part of PhD degree acceptance, do you publish your own scientific journals?"  


We have no requirements for publications. However, if you would like to publish your research materials, you can select any journal (from any country) that would accept your work for the publication. At present time, we do not have our own journals, BUT we can offer publishing services for students from countries where publications are required. If in your country publications are required, you may select any journal from any country for the publications, or we can publish your work as a book/booklet or as a few short books/booklets (for each subject of your research, or for the entire research). This way, you will be a published author. Publishing services are NOT included in educational costs and have additional costs.



  Question: “How many credits do I need to have for the PhD degree?”  


PhD degrees do not have the same credits as Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees. In addition to a PhD degree Diploma, you will receive your Academic Transcript with a list of your research subjects and the title of your Dissertation and a statement of acceptance of your Dissertation.


In addition to a Diploma and Transcript (where Dissertation and courses are listed with all assigned credits), graduating students are also receiving a “Confirmation of Graduation” letter (that looks like a Diploma) and a “Confirmation of Academic Work Acceptance”.


Simplified approach: Credits can be assigned to the performed study/research courses, but there is no any requirement to assign any credits; and studies / research courses can be only listed in the Transcript (without grading or assigned credits).


Detailed approach: Grades assignment is not required, but we will assign graduate credits for Dissertation and for the completed research / studies courses. A minimum of 54 graduate-level U.S. credits are required (60 U.S. credits are recommended) for the doctoral level degrees. Costs for doctoral programs are fixed as “PER PROGRAM COSTS”. This approach gives any student an opportunity to receive more than required number of credits and student can acquire more credits without any additional costs (up to 72 credits and in some circumstances even more). Up to 24 graduate-level credits can be awarded for a doctoral Thesis (Dissertation). Study courses are completed by preparation of comprehensive Essays – one Essay per each course. Up to 3 (sometimes 4) graduate-level U.S. credits can be awarded for each accepted Essay (covering each course of studies).



  Question: “How do you calculate credits if I will be graduating only after doing research and by preparing my Dissertation?”  


Firstly, you are not graduating by doing a research and by preparing your Dissertation. Your Dissertation must be evaluated by our examiners and must be accepted as a satisfactory academic work.  


Secondly, PhD degrees do not have the same credits as Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees. Your Academic Transcript will list your Dissertation title, statement of the acceptance of your Dissertation and will have a list of all research subjects/areas used during preparation of your Dissertation, or learned in addition to it.


Credits can be assigned for the performed studies / research courses, but there is no any requirement to assign any credits; and studies / research courses can be only listed in the Transcript (without any assigned credits).



  Question: “What I supposed to do if I have a PhD Thesis / Dissertation ready?”  


The process can be relatively fast if you already have a PhD Thesis / Dissertation and other materials.     


When you have your Dissertation/ Thesis ready:  


1.   Complete your admission process.

2.   Send to us the entire Dissertation/ Thesis / or book, or other materials.  

3.   If email containing your thesis returned (as undeliverable) after sending the entire Thesis, separate your Thesis into several numbered parts and send it to us in several emails (but usually it is not necessary because each email can be up to 50 MB in size).  

4.   After receiving your Thesis / Dissertation, initially we would look for any possible noteworthy flaws. If everything appears to be fine, it goes to the next step. We will be checking the quality of your work. We will be issuing general recommendations (if necessary), but we are not mentoring and not advising on each paragraph of your Dissertation / Thesis. This is why we have two levels (two Steps) of approval and acceptance of your Thesis/ Dissertation. These two levels of Dissertation acceptance are substituting usual requirements for the dissertation defense. You will get an OFFICIAL LETTER (by email) describing the fact that your PhD Thesis / Dissertation was approved and accepted. We are not limiting your possibility of having your own personal tutor/mentor/advisor and you have a right to have such (you may include the name of such person/persons on the title page, as an independent academic advisor, not affiliated with our University).  

Generally, a common format for PhD Thesis (as used in most universities) is acceptable (we will provide our format). Each Dissertation has different points that all students must address. Upon the admission, we will be sending (emailing) our general outlines for the suggested format.   


This part is for the students residing outside of the United States.


Upon request, we can send a Degree Award Certificate (Diploma) and Academic Transcript to the State office for issuance of the State Apostille for each document (and/or the State certificates). A degree Award Certificate and Academic Transcript are treated as two documents and two Apostilles (or two Certificates) will be issued by the State. Receiving of Apostilles and Department of State certificates is optional and there are additional governmental costs involved (see page Documents Recognitions). 



  Question: "Upon graduation, will I receive only a Diploma?"


In addition to a Doctoral / PhD degree Diploma, you will receive an Academic Transcript where we would list your Dissertation project (Title of your Dissertation), a statement of the acceptance of your Dissertation, and a statement of the degree issuance.


Upon graduations, doctoral (PhD) student will be receiving the following documents:


1.  Doctoral (PhD) Diploma,

2.  Academic Transcript,

3.  Letter indicating that academic work was accepted as satisfying doctoral (PhD) degree requirements,

4.  Letter confirming a graduation and successful completion of the doctoral (PhD) degree requirements.



  Question: "What documents do I need to submit for admission to a PhD degree program?"


Please see our page "Admissions" for the list of all REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (documents can be submitted by electronic mail).






To be enrolled: Visit “Admission Process” page



Admission and Studies Questions and Answers

Prospective Applicant Questionnaire

Why we are the Best University

 What you must expect 

least expensive phd program, cheapest phd, low cost phd, lowest cost phd, fastest phd, affordable online phd, accelerated phd, 1 year phd



© Holy State University - Worldwide Autonomous Religious Educational Entity, 1986-2023. All rights reserved.






Page Top
Top of Page


Main Page


Direct Navigation


  General Information  
Admission questions
Application for admission
Students transferring to us
Our students
Bologna Process
Educational credits
Educational process
Help other students
Contact us
Cost of education
Payment center
Performance evaluation
Study as fast as you want
Educational Subjects
Associate's Degrees
Bachelor's Degrees
Master's Degrees
Doctoral Degrees
Graduate Certificates Program
Professional Certificates
PHD for Medical Professions
PHD-MD for Medical Doctors
MBA Program
Executive MBA
Accelerated MBA Program
Accelerated Master's Degree
Doctor of Philosophy - PHD
PHD - Additional Details
Accelerated PHD Program
Direct PHD Program
Business Degrees
Post-graduate Degrees
Undergraduate Degrees
Religious Degrees
Non-Religious Programs
Professional Courses
High School Education
Secondary Education
School of Arts
School of Education
School of Health Sciences
School of Religious Studies
School of Business
School of Leadership
School of Management
School of Diplomatic Affairs
School of Law
School of Public Policy
School of International Affairs
School of Graduate Education



Page Top
Top of Page

© Copyright-Trademarks™-Service Marks 1986-2023 Holy State University. Copyrights, Service Marks, Trademarks Protected. All rights reserved.


 Sitemap | Legal Notice | Privacy | About this Site | Contact


https://acessu.org/accredited-holy-state-university.htmlVERIFICATION FOR ACCREDITATION STATUS - VERIFICATION FOR RECOGNITION STATUShttps://acessu.org/recognized-holy-state-university.html


Educational subjects that you may want to explore:


cost of education
public health
phd for medical professions
diplomatic affairs degrees
school of science
arts degrees
school of law
graduate studies
school of modern theology
public policy
management degrees
professional certifications
public administration
our lowest educational costs
professional studies
religious psychology
religious law


undergraduate degrees
associate degree in science
associate degree in arts
bachelor degree in science
bachelor degree in arts
education degrees
leadership programs
business administration
international studies
phd for medical doctors
life sciences
media degrees
european/african/asian/east studies
community leadership
health management
information technology


graduate and doctoral degrees
master of art
master of science
master of business administration
executive mba degree
doctor of philosophy
doctor of jurisprudence
law and public policy
international law
doctor of sciences
business leadership
doctoral studies in health sciences
law/religious law
doctor of social work
doctoral degrees in arts
musical arts
policy and management
doctoral studies in psychology
md - phd
health science


religious degrees
theological degrees
bachelor degree - theology
master degrees in religions
doctoral programs - religion
phd - theology
mba/business and theology
doctoral degree - world religions
doctor of practical theology
ministry degrees
degrees in divinity
theology and civil law
master of religious studies
theological studies
master's program in divinity
international ministry
modern theology
religions of the world
canon law
religious education


Page Top
Top of Page


Holy State University - Affordable accelerated educational programs online - Freedom of education without discrimination.